top of page

Woman who accused Flagler-Mitchell of sexual harassment plans to sue

Victoria E. Freile

Rochester Democrat and Chronicle


The young Rochester woman who earlier this year accused a Monroe County legislator of sexually harassing her following Rochester's largest mass shooting in recent memory intends to file a lawsuit seeking $1 million in damages.


Lakaya Sinclair was 19 when she hosted a party at her family's Pennsylvania Avenue home in September 2020. Gunfire erupted at a backyard house party with more than 100 people present. Two young adults were killed and 14 others were injured.


Here's more about the events that preceded the lawsuit:

What happened at the party?

Sinclair was 19 when she hosted a party at her family's home last fall, when gunfire erupted on Pennsylvania Avenue.


Two people were killed and 14 others were injured just after 1 a.m. on Sept. 19, 2020. The mass shooting remains under investigation. More than 14 months after the incident, police have not yet filed any charges in connection with the mass shooting.

How did Ernest Flager-Mitchell get involved?

Ernest Flagler Mitchell, a Monroe County legislator who at the time represented the district where the Pennsylvania Avenue shooting occurred, was among the elected officials who came to the scene offering to help Sinclair. Instead, she said, he used the traumatic event to befriend her, gain her trust and exploit her vulnerability — culminating, she says, with him sending her an unsolicited picture of a man's genitalia in November 2020.



2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comentarios


bottom of page